Friday, May 15, 2015

Where the Red Fern Grows #1

Dear Group,
                       

    Hello I have some things I would like to share with you relating to our book, Where the Red Fern Grows. I hope you enjoy what I have prepared for you.

    I related with Billy, the main character, when he said he had puppy love. He said “…there’s time in practically every young boy’s life when he is affected by that wonderful disease of puppy love… the real kind, the kind that has four small feet and a wiggly tail, sharp teeth that can gnaw on a boy’s finger” (Rawls 16). It can also happen to a girl. I wanted a puppy so bad, I would ask every Christmas for a puppy. One day we finally got one I was so happy I was jumping with joy. I know Billy and I had the same feelings when we actually got a puppy. When I kept getting no I felt heartbroken just like Billy. So I really feel a connection with him even though he is a fictional character. Where I don’t relate with Billy is that I didn’t have to save up for two years to buy my dog. “’How long have you been saving this?’ he asked…I told him ‘Two years’” (Rawls 28). I waited two years but didn’t have to pay with my own money, my parents paid for him. Also I only got one dog not two. I got another dog but that was four years after I got Zeke, my Doberman Pincher. What started the want for two dogs? Why didn’t he pick them up right away?
           
     In the beginning of the story I was confused why Billy didn’t break up the dog fight in the first place.”I heard the dogfight… I paid no attention to it” (Rawls 11). I didn’t understand why he paid no attention. If it was me I would have broken it up immediately so dogs wouldn’t have gotten hurt. I am completely against dog fights especially if a human is doing it between two dogs. Some people are just terrible people if they fight dogs for fun or money; it just makes me so frustrated that people don’t report them to the police. I wouldn’t report Billy because he didn’t start the fight in fact he ended it. It was nice that he helped the dog though.  Why didn’t Billy break up the fight? Why did he wait was he afraid? I hope that you now see my point of view.
                                                                                                                                    Sincerely,

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Bella B

No comments:

Post a Comment