Friday, May 15, 2015

Where the Red Fern Grows #1

Dear Reader,

          After reading one part of the book, Where the Red Fern Grows. I really like if so far and I'm excited to read the next section of the book! So far I know that it is about a kid name Billy that lives with his parents and his younger sisters. Billy family is not that rich and he wanted two hunting dogs, he saved a lot of money in two years to get the dogs he wanted.

          In the beginning of the story I was sad how Billy, the main character, was heartbroken and in pain and said that he has a disease. In chapter 2 Billy says," I was ten years old when I first became infected with this terrible disease. I'm not sure no boy in the world had it worse than I did " (Rawl 18). I can't relate to him because I don't have a dog, but I would understand how he felt about it. I could relate in a different way, when you really want something badly and it is pricy and you can't always have it and you maybe have to give it up. Did you guys ever felt like him when you lost or wanted a dog?

          I wonder why Billy doesn't go to school? Is it because his family can't afford school? I think that everyone should go to school whether they like it or not. I also thought that you don't pay for school. I can understand that his mom teaches some stuff at home, but it is not enough education for him. Billy didn't know about what grade he is in and a kid made fun of him. In chapter four, Billy and a boy was talking and they said, "' Do you go to school?" I said, "School?"..... I said,"Back in the hills." He said,"Oh, you're a hillbilly."' (Rawl 36-37). I was so sad that he got bullied by the boy and the boy told kids friend, so Billy ran home. Have you guys got bullied or do you know anybody that got bullied? I have for sure.

                                                                                                                         From,
                           
                                                                                                                          Jessy Nguyen


   

       

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessy,

    I totally agree with you Jessy. I have been in the situation you just said. I had two dogs, Lucky and Gracie, and they were my joy for a long time. But eventually they weren't enough and we had to get sell them to a family that would care for them and give them the love that I didn't have time to give. After my family and I sold Lucky and Gracie, I desperately wanted them back but I couldn't get them back. To touch basis on your other point, I definitely think everyone should go to an actual school so they can learn the different subjects that can help people throughout there lives. I'm not sure whether you pay for school or not, but school is very important in every child's life. Yes I have been bullied and I know multiple people that have been bullied. I despise bullying because it just makes people feel bad about themselves and makes them feel worthless, but in my opinion everyone is special and NOONE is worthless!!! Everyone has a talent they can share, everyone is good at something, but even if you aren't popular or good looking, sometimes your friendship and personality is better than good looks and popularity. I would take a great friend over good looks and popularity any day.

    Sincerely,

    Jacob Dahl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessy,
    I agree with you its hard for you to understand this dog stuff, if you don't have a dog. I can relate to this because I have a dog. And when she almost got lost I felt like I was just going to give up and don't keep looking for her. Also I do agree with you on Billy not going to school. I think also that this parents can't afford a education for Billy. I would rather have the dogs rather than going to school because you can bond with them and with school you can't bond. Lastly I have got bullied before and I can relate to you on that.
    Your Friend,
    Julia Maytorena :)

    ReplyDelete