Thursday, May 28, 2015

Where the Red Fern Grows #3


Hello Bloggers,

     WOW. This whole section is crazy and so nerve racking. As I just finished my third section of the novel, Where the Red Fern Grows by, Wilson Rawls I've started to notice that the story seems to get more intense every section. So far the third section  is definitely the most intense section of all. The part that had goose-bumps racing down my arms was when Billy went into the forest with Rubin and Rainie to go hunt the apparent "ghost coon". The worst part was when Rubin grabbed his axe and was trying to kill Old Dan and Little Ann, "Rubin was about ten feet ahead of me, bent over, running with the ax held out in front of him. I knew I could never get to them in time" (Rawls 128). To make the situation even more terrifying is when Rubin tripped. Rubin was running after Billy's hounds with an ax because he was trying to kill them. Then as Rubin was getting closer to the dogs, he tripped, "I saw the small stick when it whipped up from the ground. As if it were alive, it caught between Rubin's legs. I saw him fall" (Rawls 129), "Turning around, I saw his hands were curled around the protruding blade as if he himself had tried to pull it from his stomach"(Rawls 130). I can't believe that the ax impaled Rubin!!! That showed Billy's bravery in a huge way; I know I could never have done that. What about you guys, would you guys pull the ax from Rubin or be petrified like Rainie?

     In the third section of the book, the reader is able to see more of Billy's grandfather and his personality. Billy' grandpa is a kind person, and you can tell that he loves Billy a lot. "Grandpa" shows his generosity when he stands up for Billy when the Pritchard boys, Rubin and Rainie, were being rude to him, '"If you boys take him up there to hunt the ghost coon, and jump on him and beat him up, you're sure going to hear from me. I don't mean maybe. I'll have both of you taken to Tahlequah and put in jail. You had better believe that"'(Rawls 115). Billy's grandpa is protective of his grandson and will not let anything bad happen to him. DO any of you guys have a grandparent or parent very protective of you?

     Thanks for listening to my comments of section 3, I hope you guys like my posts!!!


                                                                                                                      Sincerely,

                                                                                                                      Jacob Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment