Friday, May 15, 2015

Where the Red Fern Grows #1




     Dear Group Member ,

     I have really enjoyed the start of  Where The Red Fern Grows. I really like it so far and I am excited to keep reading.So far it is about a boy named Billy. He lives with his parents and his younger sisters. Billy's family is not rich and he wants two hounds but his family cannot afford them.

     In the start of the book, it talks about how they put dogs into fights. Thinking about the poor dog that is being left in this fight to die or get beat up makes me sad and wonder. Why do people deside to put dogs into fights? They could just let there dogs live peacefully. I'm also happy because if it wasn't for Billy hearing those growls and snarls. He wouldn't saved that hound from dying and took care of the dog,even though it wasn't his. Image if you were Billy saving that dog, would make me happy and the dog happy too. 

     

     I can make connections with where and what Billy's lifestyle was like. It was like when I was in Virginia during my trip spring break . " Below our fields, twisting and winding .... " ( Rawls, 17). Picturing what Billy's house and outside was like a beautiful sunset , to Billy being ten it was the most beautiful place in the whole wide world. If I was Billy living where he was I would make the most of my life. Living near the Illinois River I would have fished and played in the water. If Billy gets his dogs he would have fun and those dogs would be his best friends like we have in our lives, friends that would last a lifetime. If you lived where Billy lived would you have fun and take advantage of the nature?
           

From, 
          Julia M.

     

1 comment:

  1. Dear Julia,
    I agree with you that the dog should not fight and live peacefully. I don't have a dog but, dogs should be treated like humans. If i was a dog, I would wanted to be treated like a humans and respect and all too. I also agree and do what you would do if you live where Billy does. I would be exploring nature and I would watch the sunset go down every dat if i could.
    Sincerely,
    Jessy Nguyen

    ReplyDelete