Sunday, May 31, 2015

Where the Red Fern Grows #4

Dear Group,
                   This part of the book had the most action in it. It was the saddest, happiest part of the book. I wanted to cry and say hooray.
                   I was so happy when Billy won the coon championship. Also he won 300 dollars!!! That is so exciting in the last couple minutes it freaked me out and I thought that he wasn't going to make it but he did. When he went home he was so happy. "Holding a cup in each hand" (Rawls 188). I put down the book and started screaming with joy. Then my dad got mad. I have never gotten that much money or two trophies. I couldn't even comprehend getting that much money in one sitting. I would love that so much. What did Billy do with the money? Did he give both trophies to his sister?
                    One part that made me cry was when Old Dan died because of a mountain lion. It is actually Billy's fault if you think about it. It would kill me if I was the reason that my dog died. Another part that made me sad was when Little Ann went to the grave and died. "God is not fair" (Rawls 212). I literally cried and my mom had to comfort me. It made me think what would I do if my other dog died because I accidentally killed my first one. I would under go depression and not come out of my room. Just like when my grandma died. I was very depressed and would only come out of my room to eat. I barely ate too. Then it hit me that she is in a better place. There would be no more medicine, surgeries, and hospital visits. She was happy with her husband. Was the book worth crying over?
                   Thank you group it was a great book and I enjoyed reading with you guys.
Sincerely,
Bella Browne

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bella,
    I totally agree, Billy got 300 dollars. I would feel so guilty that If It was my fault for killing my dog. I would be so depressed and I would be sad as well. Same here I almost cried when both dogs died. It was like reliving The Fault In Our Stars, when Augustus Waters died. That moment in the book was just heartbreaking and I actually cried and that book. Also when my rat died I was so depressed I didn't want to talk or even talk about how I felt that day , when she died. I get how sad and depressed you were.
    From, Julia :)

    ReplyDelete