Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Where The Red Fern Grows Blog #1

Dear Group Member,


    So far in the book Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls I have enjoyed it so far. Although I had some feelings on the part when Billy finally gets his dogs and he is picked on page 43. My thoughts on that part as to why in the first place they would mess with someone for having nice dogs? I mean if anything they should be complimenting or just politely commenting not making rude remarks. That is something that has happened to me. Once I got a new bike and it was purple, and when I rode it to school one day they laughed at me since it was purple but it was a quality bike. It didn't really make sense sine it was a dark purple not a lighter one. So that is how I can relate to billy's experience when he got his dogs.

  The text doesn't really agree with my views of city people in the way that billy thinks all of them are mean and can't be nice. I mean sure some people can be mean but the instantly place a stereotype of city people  being mean after only one encounter is to me prejudice and not fair for the nice people that live in cities. I mean I can understand why he would be frustrated to do that but after a while shouldn't he realize that not all city people are mean?


         From
            Bryce :)

No comments:

Post a Comment