Thursday, May 21, 2015

Where the Red Fern Grows #2

Dear group members,

         I enjoyed the second part of the book, Where the Red Fern Grows. I was confused on some part of the section and have some questions. In the beginning of the section, I was surprised how Billy's sister didn't know what soda pop is. Billy says, "At the mention of soda pop, blue eyes of my sisters opened wide. They started firing questions at me, wanting to know what color it was, and what it tasted like" (Rawls 53). I guessed that his sisters never had one and I feel sad they have never tried it. Now in this world there is so many types of flavored soda. What soda do you guys like and what was your first soda you have ever drink?

        I was very confused on what a coon was, I thought it was a cocoon. I didn't know that it would take more than a week to catch a coon. I agreed with Billy when he got upset that he haven't caught a coon yet because I would have gave up if it takes that long to get a coon, would you give or not? Billy says, " The next morning I was up with the chickens…. All I had to do was wait until it disappeared  and I'd  have my coon hide" (Rawls 61). I wonder why he wants to catch a coon for? Is he going to use i for something?

                                                                                                                               From,

                                                                                                                                 Jessy N :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jessy,
    I like the soda Diet Coke and the first soda I ever had was Pepsi. Also when he says coon he means a raccoon. He wants a coon so he is labeled as a man. When a boy catches a coon he becomes a man. His first coon was a hat. Then the others coons was going to be used for money.
    Sincerely,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete