Saturday, May 30, 2015

Where The Red Fern Grows Blog #4

'Dear, Group Members

  This section of the story is truly heartbreaking. With Old Dan and Little Ann's tragic deaths and them risking their lives to save billy's really was a impact. And what makes me wonder the most is when they go to stop the mountain lion from hurting billy they still go together. And even when they die Little Ann goes to where Old Dan was burred and dies there. I have experienced something slightly similar to this. I used to have 2 cats but one of them died. And we adopted the cat from our neighbors who moved out and that was a while ago. Anyway cats usually run away and die so they don't hurt their owners feelings and where we found that my cat had passed was at the house where we adopted him. It was strange. I wonder why Little Ann and Old Dan had such a close bond that they would die in the same area?

 Another thing I question is, why didn't Billy just run away with his dogs? I mean he put him self in a life threatening situation. Maybe he was just so petrified with fear that he just couldn't think on the spot. Now that I think about it if I was in that situation I might not be able to think right on the spot.
Would you guys be able to come up with a solution in a situation like that?



Sincerely Bryce :P

2 comments:

  1. Dear Bryce,
    I think that Little Ann and Old Dan was buried at the same place because maybe that's where Billy wanted them to be at and be close to each other. I think Billy didn't want to run away because he didn't want to miss his family and he would do nothing without them.
    From,
    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bryce,
    I agree with Jessy, Billy wanted them to be together because that's what they wanted. They loved each other so much that they wanted to stay together tell the very end. I think I would wait it out and see so I'd wouldn't be irrational. In the end I wouldn't run away because I love my family too much. Also I couldn't leave my two dogs. It would break my heart.
    Sincerely,
    Bella Browne

    ReplyDelete